Welcome to this week’s Ligo Haibun Challenge. As always, we have two choices for you. One is a topic and the other is a picture prompt.
The topic is ‘Cartoon’
The rules below:
- The haiku/collection of haiku related to the text to close. The haiku should be as authentic as possible, with therefore no syllable count, no capitals or full stop, all ideally making 220 word max.
- Wear the Ligo badge to the right with pride on your blog! And pin the Circle of Appreciation to your blog if you haibun is selected as an honourable mention!
- Prizes are given on special occasions
Don’t forget to add your haibun to the link collection below.
The special mentions for the previous week’s Ligo Haibun Challenge are as follows:
1. Penny: The painstaking effort of an artist and his joy in creation. And the narrative ends with a perfect haiku.
2. Eric M. Vogt: We travel with the character on an emotional journey, which culminates in peace. Do not miss this haibun.